Sunday, November 27, 2011

Learning Susan Garrett's stand

Fizz turned 11wks today.  I need to get her on the scale, but I'm guessing she's 20+ lbs.  We're in another "loooong" spell and whereas Wednes she looked quite fine, on Thurs, she looked as if I hadn't fed her in a week.  Egads, I'd pay for that kind of metabolism!!

A few weeks ago, I posted video of Vikka learning a new method to Stand, as taught by Susan Garrett.  Fizz is familiar with hand targets, and today I decided to work on teaching her the stand.   Her natural "leapiness" fed right into the method, and I have no doubt that once I get my mechanics figured out, this will come right together.



We've been working a lot the past three weeks on value for me, attitude and focus during work, and the fact that work = play = work (Thank you S.G.!!).  Fizz is showing me a love of playing and working, and a willingness to take this journey in AKC Obedience with me.   I'm so excited!!   Here are 3 photos from this afternoon which embody all that we've been working on.







No comments:

Post a Comment