Saturday, December 24, 2011

Fizz goes tailgating

So we have Patriots' season tickets, and today was the 2nd to last home game of the regular season.  Decided that since my parents were watching the kids, I'd bring Fizz to the pre-game tailgate in order to get her out of their hair.   For two hours we walked about meeting people in all stages of sobriety (and non....), dodging grills with yummy smelling sausages and hamburgers and of course, working on some of our training games.

The parking lot we use is not that far from the stadium, so thousands of people walk past on their way up to the game.   Fizz and I hung out at the entrance, she easily met 200 new people today and was a doll for all of it.   Many people told us of their current or former Rottweilers.   And I will admit, I heard one of the most unique comments to date, in owning this breed.   "You can tell she's fullblooded by her eyebrows!  Just look at those eyebrows!"   Smile and nod yes.   :)    (The only statement that tops that was made about 10yrs ago, when someone asked me if Bort, at about 18mos, was a Beagle.    Ummm..............)

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, and much joy in 2012!!

Fizz with hubby, our friend Peter, and his friend from Switzerland, Marc.


2 layers of pants, 1 turtleneck, 2 fleeces....ah yes, that's how we stay warm! :)
Fizz wearing my season ticket.


Fizz's fans include Santa!


2 comments:

  1. What a fun day for Fizz... I wouldn't have been able to resist the sausages on the grill :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AWESOME puppy socialization idea! Really smart. I will have to suggest this to some of my students in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete