Friday, July 13, 2012

We did it! :) :)

I found out yesterday that there would be a CGC in CT late this afternoon.   What's another try, right??  Decided to give it a shot.  

Drove down to an amazing field dog training kennel, such an incredible property:  long dirt roads for working dogs, fields with cool patterns cut into them for bumper work, a stunning outdoor agility ring.........yeah, just what makes a dog trainer say "do you take tent reservations???"  :)

The test was being held outdoors, in the agility ring.   For once, I was thankful that Fizz has no clue about agility!   Knowing that it was outdoors, I needed to make sure she was well exercised.   Ugh.   I figured no problem........and then we walked, and walked and walked.   In the funky cut field, up and down the dirt road............and 20min later, I was getting attention heeling and no pottying.   Doh!      Finally took her into the field, with permission to let her off, and an acceptable spot was found in the back corner.   Boy did we have fun going up the diagonals and across the cut grids (in otherwise waist-high field grasss).   Makes an awesome place to play 'hide n seek' and watch yer puppy go blasting past! :)

Greeting strangers went well, she held her sit as asked.  "Vet exam" was fine as usual.   Out for a walk, something smelled good on the weave pole bases.   Right as "about turn" was called, she caught a scent.  In order to not tight leash, I went an extra step closer to the weave poles, whirled about and set off at pace.  She came right with me, head up, attentive and happy.    Finished with a lovely sit at halt, still with strong attention.   YAY girlie! :)

Next we had to greet another dog.  She was showing strong interest in the completely neutral CH/MH GSP bitch......so I spun around in a quick/tight 360, got her back with me, and approached with a dog at my side, under control, being attentive and not looking at the other dog. :)   We shook hands (I didn't even look at the other handler........boy did that feel wrong!), and then continued on.  PASS! :)

Sit, down, stay and recall were spotless, and supervised separation........the CT State trooper holding my dog told me I wasn't allowed to take her back home.  :)  He even picked up her paw and had her wave "bye bye Mommy!" HAHAHA! :)

We stayed so I could be "crowd" for several other dogs (met my first Black Russian Terrier!), and at the end, I got to play with 9wk old GSP and Lab puppies.   What a wonderful finish to an awesome evening!! :) :)

Fizz, CGC  :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY, that is fabulous, sounds like a great day all around.

    ReplyDelete