Saturday, March 17, 2012

Retrieve - Day 2

We worked a bit last night on lowering the db towards the floor, and Fizz had no problem with it being in any position.    Today's goal is to get it on the floor, and have her start lifting it.   I'm not looking for a delivery to had yet, that will come.   Worked a short session this afternoon with good success.   She was willing to work with the db on the floor, and with my had being away from it.  I also had the treats behind my back, out of sight, so no obvious lure, as well as a slight delay in reward being built in.

Twice in our session, she actually picked it up.  We'll work on this more later, with me waiting out the actual lifting of the db from the floor.   It has been my experience when increasing criteria that some increases go smoothly, and others not.   Patience is the biggest key in working through such issues.   I look forward to seeing how our next session is. :)






















No comments:

Post a Comment