Sunday, March 24, 2013

Exterior hides with anise


What better to do on a gorgeous early Spring day than work on exterior hides?   :)

I chose to use anise today.   It has been well over a month since I've refreshed the scent, so Friday night, I put oil into the jars, and as of this afternoon, they'd cooked about 36hrs.   For Fizz, this should be SCREAMING hot scent.  Therefore, I only put 1 q-tip per tin.   We worked 2 sessions, 3 hides each session.   

Session 1, the hides were out for maybe 5 minutes before I brought her out.   No real wind to speak of, but for the little bit that I could detect, I tried to bring her in down wind, since we've not worked exteriors in a long time.   I was surprised at how quickly she found them!

Session 2, I allowed the hides to age for 20 minutes.   Again, she seemed to have little difficulty.   Will start working on aging the hides longer, 1hr to start and beyond.  

Future plans will also be to start working off site (i.e. not at my house).  


Session 1: 







Session 2:



2 comments:

  1. WONDER IF THE SLIGHT BREEZE SENT SOME SCENT INSIDE THOSE CONCRETE BLOCKS ....INTERESTING ...THANKS FOR POSTING

    TOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, there was DEFINITELY scent in there!! She checked them several times, with interest.

    ReplyDelete